Quality Service, Seller or Tradesperson? Sign Up Now!
Tips & Advice
Tips when hiring a trades person
• Check references of person in question.
Ask for previous customers and call them to see if they were happy with result
Check their rating in the HomeWise.ie directory.
• Ask for proof of insurance.
Ask the company to provide a copy of their insurance certificate. General Liability insurance typically covers a contractor for accidents that occur while the contractor is working. However, there are exclusions to coverage, and you should confirm the actual scope of the contractors coverage
• Before work begins verify all the details and get them in writing
Get the details on company letterhead and ensure it contains the following;
- the company's name, address, phone numbers, and license number (if applicable)
- the consumer's name, address (where work is to be performed), and phone numbers
- date when it is written
- a detailed description of the work that is going to be performed
- amounts associated with each task included in the project
- amounts assocated with materials covered in the cost of the project and those costs that are not included
- an anticipated/estimated start and finish date and what happens in case of delays or changes
- a payment schedule
- a termination clause
- a clause that protects the homeowner from any potential damages should any accidents occurring while project is in progress
• Once project is complete go to HomeWise.ie and rate & review the service in question