Ireland's Home & Garden Search Engine

Seller Signup...

Quality Service, Seller or Tradesperson? Sign Up Now!

Home & Garden Articles

Magnet Water Treatment Useful For The Past Three Decades

Tue 20 Feb 2007 - 13:42

Magnet Water Treatment Useful For The Past Three Decades
By Rich Fuller

Thousand of people have used magnets to soften their water for the past three decades. People have been using the magnets for the past thirty-five years. There is some controversy over the matter. Many people say that it has the same effect on your water as a water softener (salt), but others claim that it doesn't take out of the minerals that make your water hard, but sort of neutralize them so they don't seem so present in your water.

Treating your bath or drinking water
When you use magnets to treat your water you will notice a difference when you bath or drink the water, however, there really is no difference in chemical make up. Most people will tell you not to drink your water if it's hard because you will have too much calcium or magnesium in your system.

These metals can cause you to have metal poisoning and are harmful in large doses, even thought the two metals are low in toxicity, and there are limits. However, water magnets are a way to treat your hard water.

Magnets will allow the water to pass by and pull the minerals or metals. The stronger your magnetic field and if you use more than one magnetic, you will find that your water will be more affected by the magnets. You can reduce all the build up in your pipers and water heater.

You will also reduce any blockage from the pipes because the metals will be attracted to the magnetic, no matter how thick the build up is. You will want to place the magnetic force between you main valve and the water heater.

If you have another one placed after the water exits from the water heater, you will find that the magnets are more affective. You can use magnets on most types of pipes (cooper and plastic are fine) and you can use anything to attach them, even with duct tape. If you don't have duct tape, you can use string, wire, or even a clamp.

No more soap builds up

The way you can notice a change is when you examine your skin after a shower. You will notice that the soap isn't built up any more and your skin isn't that icky and itchy. In addition, if you pour yourself a glass of tap water you will notice that the smell is a bit different. If you use town water, you should also use a magnet because it will take out some of the chlorine out of the water so that you can safely drink your tap water.

Learn more about home water treatment on our site. You'll also find other information such as compare water treatment system and filter drinking water . eWaterTreatmentSystems.com is a comprehensive resource for water treatment with information on reviews, reverse osmosis and how it works.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rich_Fuller

Looking for information on General Home Improvement, Find a supplier at HomeWise.ie

back to "Water Treatment" search results
back to all home & garden articles