HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Advice when using expanding foam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Carpentry, Kitchens & Furniture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Advice when using expanding foam Reply with quote

Expanding foam is an excellant solution for filling and sealing holes or cracks around the house. But, always wear rubber gloves when using. Otherwise, it sticks fast to hands for days and is horrible. Silly me!
BrianM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also need to be careful when using it near untreated wood. Although it's not supposed to stain, our builder used pink expanding foam and it stained our untreated windows.

Brian.
Sanf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Expanding Foam Reply with quote

I saw the window fitters using this stuff and it worked very well. I recently bought a can of it and filled all the available gaps and holes in the house. It came with a small tube so was easy to apply. I didn't manage to stick myself to it but wore the gloves provided just in case. When its hard (I left it overnight) you can easily cut away any excess and sand down to finish. Highly recommended product.
kd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have also used it recently to fill a gap in a shed wall that some wasps had set up home in. Filled the gap and forced the wasps to find alternative accomodation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Carpentry, Kitchens & Furniture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: