HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
New kitchen or remodelling?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Carpentry, Kitchens & Furniture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nellie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: New kitchen or remodelling? Reply with quote

I am doing up a 20 year old house with an old kitchen. I'm not sure if it's worth pulling out completely or trying to do it up. Has anyone experience of redoing all the units or is it easier to pull the whole thing out?
Avoca

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I haven't renovated an old kitchen but when we did refurbishment we put in a new kitchen and I really love it. I think if you are upgrading an old kitchen you are stuck with the old layout and can't arrange it to what you want. I'm not sure how much money you'd save and you may not be happy with the result. I'd redo the whole thing. Try the panelling centre... we got ours from them and got it in a sale with 25% off which was great. Our fitter told us that if we had got him first he could have ordered it and got a discount. The kitchen places have lists of fitters.
cli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're happy with the layout in general, it should be possible to leave the unit carcases in place and just replace the doors - this would give a completely new look at a fraction of the price of a completely new kitchen. You could spend the savings on a splash out granite worktop or some such luxury!! Wisdom of doing this might depend on the quality of the carcasses. Good luck! Cli
hiprobotamus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Noyeks Kitchens Reply with quote

I am getting an extension built and I also went to the Panelling Center for a new kitchen. However just before we ordered we heard about Noyeks & Newmans and checked them out. Ended up getting out kitchen from there almost half the price!! Panelling centre were quoting between 7 and 8k and we got the same kitchen from Noyeks for about 4.5k! Can't beat those prices!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Carpentry, Kitchens & Furniture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: