HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
bathroom layout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolkarin1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: bathroom layout Reply with quote

any tryingto decide layout for a new bathroom. its a little small but we still need a bath so was wondering what peoples opinions were on corner baths? have a couple of kids so need space for splashing! thanks
beautyshela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corner baths are great but they do take up a lot of room so prob not great for small bathroom.
normanburns

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think corner baths are a great idea and especially with small kids they can enjoy a splash together. i think with some proper thought in to the layout of a family bathroom no matter how small, a corner bath can always be accomodatd for.
creatingyourdream

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've probably already done it, but the best thing is to get some graph paper, draw out the bathroom to scale (something like 20cm : 1cm or whatever fits on the paper), cut out the shapes of the bathroom appliances/furniture to the same scale and start experimenting! Every bathroom supplier will have dimensions in their catalogue or website - this is a great way to figure out what you can fit.

Take account of which way the door opens, where pipes are running (unless you start from scratch, toilets are hard to move due to the waste pipes) and allow enough circulation space, i.e. give people enough room to walk between toilet and bath (don't laugh, I have put them too close when I started out and it cost me a bomb to set it right) Smile

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: