HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Sun lounge, stop heat loss through roff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Carpentry, Kitchens & Furniture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QUIRKEK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Sun lounge, stop heat loss through roff Reply with quote

We have a sun lounge in which the walls are dry lined and has a high arched ceiling with Platerboard and 150 mm rockwool insulation on it it, despite this the sun longe is like a sauna during summer and ice box in winter, any suggestions to rectify Sad
con

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a problem with many sun lounges. the problem comes from the insulation properties of the glass itself. they are generally much lower than that of the walls and roof. check your glazing to see if it is modern double glazing etc ... even with modern glazing large temperature differences are common (unless you install state of the art glazing systems) .... i ended up installing a door from my sunlounge to my living room to act as a thermal break. the door was made by the local PVC supplier and is draugh proofed and double glazed... hope this is some help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Carpentry, Kitchens & Furniture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: