HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Garden Stones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronan Murray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Garden Stones Reply with quote

Anyone any idea where I could get reasonably priced decorative stones for around front garden edging? (around the Dublin area).
Julia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: decorative stones Reply with quote

there are a few places that do them. two places I have seen them recently. really depends what exactly you are looking for.
johnstown and I believe woodies do bags of stones
http://www.homewise.ie/supplier/Kildare/JohnstownGardenCentre/25164/
Double L do larger more decorative stones and also paving.
http://www.homewise.ie/supplier/Dublin/DoubleLConcreteGraniteProducts/13899/

Last edited by Julia on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Sanf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronan

There's another garden centre in Celbridge called Orchard Garden Centre who do stones and will also deliver them for a minimal charge.
pwalshz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Kilkenny Archectural Salvage www.eurosalve.com I've used them in the past.
Regards
Peter
mobrien

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Try rockworld in Kildare Reply with quote

I just got a fantastic water feature made out of Donegal sandstone from Rockworld in Allenwood Co. Kildare.
They have a huge range of stone and rocks of all sizes, shapes and colours. I'm sure they would have what ever you need. Their website is www.rockworld.ie
cibs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&Q have large quanitites of them in their garden center, in Liffey Valley. I found Rockworld(Allenwood) very very dear, and only sell a set quantity which was far too much for my tiny patio. I eventually bought patio slabs, a large rock for water feature and some stones in Stonebridge Concrete near Drogheda, more reasonable and didnt charge for delivery either, which was done in day or two, very efficient.
mcarr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to find a local garden centre or paving centre as you only need a small quantity. A 25kg bag will cost arround €6-€8 euros and a 1 ton bag will cost arround €160.
A one ton bag is 1000kg, the same as 40 25kg bags so it is far cheaper to buy in the bigger quantity.
(The maths 40 No. 25kg bags at €6 each cost €240, but a one ton bag cost €160 saving €80)
The only problem is there is less choice in the 1 ton bags as the profit is lower and naturally you wont find somebody willing to delivery 1 ton bags outside there local area without large haulage costs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Garden & Outdoors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: