HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
GEOTHERMAL HEATING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GQ
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: GEOTHERMAL HEATING Reply with quote

BUILDING A NEW HOUSE AND TRYING TO DECIDE ABOUT WHAT HEATING SYSTEM TO INSTALL. INTERESTED IN GEOTHERMAL HEATING. LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANY ONE WHO HAS IT INSTALLED AND HOW THEY FIND IT.
dgargan1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: geothermal heating ground to water supply Reply with quote

Hi
I fitted geothermal with under floor heating to my new house 14 months ago, the system is up and round since then. I find it great, some small things to think about before you get it in. try to get a plumber how can do all your plumbing and install the geo as well, get your heat pump instilled in a shed outside but not to far away from the house because the pump can make alot of noise, get a night saver meter fitted by the esb this will save you money in the long run, you will have to ask some of the suppliers about the different systems ie. air to water, ground to water etc. i'm sorry i didn't get in the borhole because the other one takes up alot of ground and you can't do mush with it after that.
Hope this is helpful for you, but i will say it is lovely having a warm home that you can set to your own likeing with hot water at a touch of a tap and warm floors when you get out of bed of a cold morning or out of the bath /shower you just can't beat it. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: