HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Wood Pellett Boiler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roscommon

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Wood Pellett Boiler Reply with quote

Hi

We've been deciding whether to fuel our heating system with a Wood Pellett Boiler. Has anyone got this system up and running and if so is it inexpensive compared to Oil???? We've been recommended to use a Gerkross Boiler and Hopper any views with this company??? Or any other recommendations welcome!

Cheers
gilmac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice is that you take a look at all types of boilers check out the Company ie, lenght of time in buiness what kind of warranty you get , also how often do you need to clean the boiler out, how efficent is it,
For futher information check out our web site:www.smartheat.ie
Irenemh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Wood Pellet Burner Reply with quote

Hi
Check out greenplant.ie. We got a quote of €7k for the installation on our house and because you get a grant it works out really reasonable. I have heard from others who have them that they are supposed to be excellent. we are also going for solar panels in order to maximise heat conservation/water heating. My boyfriend is the expert on it so if you want any more advice I'll get him to post you.
cathm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of wood boilers, does anyone have any recommendations/advice as to whether to go down the route of wood chip or wood pellet boilers? It seems to me that in the long run wood chip may proove to be cheaper than wood pellet. Also, has anyone got geothermal up and running? If so do you feel it is effective and worth the expensive installation?

We are currently at the design stage of our build and want to include renewable energies. Would appreciate any advice.
Karl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Wood pellet or wood chip?? Reply with quote

In general, wood chip boilers are more expensive to buy, and are high capacity, ie. for very large house, hotel, nursing home, etc.. Also, unlike pellet systems, there is no chip burning stove available for internal installation, the chip burner must be installed in outside shed/garage. This is partly due to the coarser nature of the fuel which needs a coarser feeding system, making the machine larger.
However, if a wood pellet system is set up to handle pellets in bulk, rather than bags, substantial savings will be made over oil or gas. Best of Luck.
cormacmul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Roscommon,

Did you get that wood Pellet boiler? How is it going for you? Are you living in Roscommon because I am building in Roscommon and I am wondering if you did get it in, would you recommend the same supplier?

Where do you get the pellets? Is it a local supplier?

Thanks,
Cormac
shonie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested in finding out about the wood pallets, geothermal etc as my house is now ready for plumbing and electrical work. I just can't decide what is the best system to use when the price of oil keeps increasing.

I'm living inGalway and look at using a company called Nutherm - does anyone know anything about the company?
mullins_jim@emc.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Wood pellet /chips Reply with quote

Be aware that wood pellets and chips are now a commodity just like oil and gas, i.e. the price is the determined by demand and not by how much it cost to produce. If there was a huge take up of wood pellet boilers then the price of wood pellets will consequently go through the roof. I would recommend that you stay as independant as possible with geo-thermal and/or solar combined with another source. Best of luck. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: