HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Paint Removal - Red brick Wall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Extending, Renovating & Restoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Paint Removal - Red brick Wall Reply with quote

Help...I need to clean up an old red brick wall which was painted a couple of times. I tried a power-wash contractor on a smapel section but he removed the pointing, but no paint.

Has anyone experience of shot-blast or abrasive blasting on these kind of walls.
Idea
Coating Solutions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Water Based Chemical Paint Strippers Reply with quote

No need to be so aggresive in removing the coating - Sea To Sky water based chemical stripper would be suitable for your purpose. It is a multifunctional water based product designed to remove various residues mainly from metal, concrete, brick, plaster and wood substrates. These residues also include: rust, salts, paints such as high solid epoxies, industrial polyurethanes, enamels, polyureas, alkyds, latexes and oil based paints.

It penetrates through the residue layers, and breaks the bond between the solid surface and the residue. As a result the residue will seperate, and delaminate from the surface - simply power wash off the residue.
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Result Reply with quote

The Sea to Sky 202 was excellent although expensive for this application.
clairemaci

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone. Anyone know where I can buy this sea-to-sky paint stripper? Im in Dublin
Rochtech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea to Sky Innovations: http://www.sea2skyglobal.com/

This gang are listed as a sea2sky distributor in the UK but seem to have their own products too, might be of interest:
http://www.tensid.com/article/13/

Might try to get their Tavec product from one of their suppliers : http://www.tensid.com/article/5/

Here's another UK product:
http://www.stripperspaintremovers.com/I_want_to_remove.htm#2

If anybody has any experience of these or other products can they let us know? Any other suppliers in Ireland? I need to strip the brick on my own place.

Thanks a lot.
lilac4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: sea to Sky paint stripper Reply with quote

I purchased sea to sky paint stripper from a company called ptarmigan who are the distributor in ireland. They are based in Co Leitrim. www.ptarmigan.ie they even called at my property and gave me some really good advice when i was trying to remove many layers of paint from ornate plaster cornice and ceiling roses. It may be expensive for the product, but i saved a fortune on the cost of the labour - and its water based, so the painter was happy to use it. Nice company, great product.
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Sea to Sky - paint remover for brick Reply with quote

I have some sea to sky product left over from the job (maybe 20L). If anyone wants it let me know. It can be picke dup in Dublin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Extending, Renovating & Restoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: