HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Installing 3 showers - best configuration?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onekeano

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Installing 3 showers - best configuration? Reply with quote

Called to a showroom for bathrooms yesterday to spec out suites etc. This is for a fairly large extension so I was looking for material for a total of 3 showers. I mentioned about having 2 electric showers (with an override so that both courln't be turned on at the same time) and 1 x powershower.

The person in the showroom said that I would be better off having 3 x powershowers as the electic showers are "pretty useless anyway". When I said that my daughter would probably use up all the hot water with 1 shower I was told that you can install a "rapid recovery unit which heats up the wate again in 10 minutes".

just wondering if anyone is familar with these and if the overall suggestion of no electric shower makes sense?

thanks in advance
Roy

PS. I am also installing solar panels in case that makes a difference.
JohnDawson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call electic showers "useless", they are fairly easy to retrofit but they eat electricity and give relatively low flow rates so on a new build / extention you'd be best advised to stick to power showers.

That said, power showers "eat water", so you'll need a biggish tank to avoid the first shower draining off all the hot water; 300l isn't too big

Solar panels are ideal for this purpose, as most of year you'd expect to need little or no "backup" heating (i.e. oil / gas / electric); a water temperature of 45 is enough for a shower; not difficult to achieve with solar

Protocol forbids me from saying more! But good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: