HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Garden Sculptures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernie Aran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Garden Sculptures Reply with quote

I live in the Galway area and am in the middle of creating a modern garden, with loads of gravel and a huge patio, i would love a really nice tall metal garden sculpture, but dont know where to start looking for one, my budget is also quiet small. max €200. does anyone have any ideas where i could buy something or have something made????
Julia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: garden centres Reply with quote

Ive seen some sculptures in local garden centres especially the larger ones, perhaps Horkans in Galway.
Another I would suggest is some of the weekend markets or antique markets. you may pick up something cheap. Try the saturday market in Galway City.
cibs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: garden Sculpture Reply with quote

I saw a few large "stones" (very large, some tall and slender) in a concrete place recently. Some had holes drilled for water-- you could consider a water feature? Dont know if you'd do it for under E500 though--its not difficult to actually do most of it yourself--other than buying the stone and getting it set in place, the rest is not so dear.
Even without the water-- a stone surrounded by plants, pebbles etc--is also striking looking and natural-I got about 10 books from the library on garden and patio design when I was doing mine. Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Garden & Outdoors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: