HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Conservatory price.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OConnorant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Conservatory price..... Reply with quote

Hi, newbie here!!!! Hi all!

I was wondering if it were possible to find out how much would a conservatory cost, not a huge one, a small to mdium one, fitted and supplied. I know B&Q do them but not sure how much it costs to fit it also.....................................any ideas pleeeease!!

Laughing
Julia

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: conservatory prices Reply with quote

Prices of conservatories vary hugely. really depends on what you want. You will find there are many different types. I have got some quotations from homewise.ie before. if you go in to their conservarories category and select a conservatory supplier they will get them to contact you. hope this helps.
Mary Mooney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Eden Sunrooms/Sunroom World [color=white]Eden Sunrooms Sunro Reply with quote

I agree with the above post. I found that the prices of conservatories varied enormously. Unfortunatley, for me, I hired a crowd of cowboy builders, called Eden Sunrooms/Sunroom World from Arklow in County Wicklow. They quoted me the lowest price of all the companies I went to, and I thought I was getting a good deal. Instead I got a construction nightmare. It took Eden Sunrooms/Sunroom World over six months to finish the build, which they said would last only 3 weeks. It started in February, and went on until August. Finally, when the job was done, Eden Sunrooms/Sunroom World began demanding extra money as they claimed that they had gone over budget. To top it all off, by the time the winter came in the conservatory was leaking. I had to get the ceiling and roof on it redone. My best advice to anyone out there thinking of getting a conservatory is to avoid Eden Sunrooms Sunroom World at all costs. Eden Sunrooms Sunroom World Eden Sunrooms Sunroom World Eden Sunrooms Sunroom World Eden Sunrooms Sunroom World [/code]
eddo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Sunroom World Sunroom World Reply with quote

Oh, don't get me started on that shower from Arklow called Sunroom World. I also had to deal with Sunroom World. Sunroom World are nothing short of utterly useless. I had them do some work for me about 24 months ago, and am still regretting it. I'm sorry I did not post here earlier as it might have saved a lot of people a bunch of trouble. If anyone happens on this email from me my advice is, if you value your sanity, safety, and your bank balance avoide Sunroom World. Sunroom World Sunroom World Sunroom World
alad4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Sunroom World Reply with quote

Hi there Eddo. Yes, Sunroom World the worst I've ever seen, and as bad as the above posters have reported. I also had the misfortune to deal with Sunroom World. Useless workmanship, and a very dismissive management team in charge of the whole thing. They set out an installment plan for so much per week over a number of weeks, then demanded nearly all of the money in the very first week! I told them to get lost, and they did! I think I dodged a bullet with Sunroom World from Wicklow.
eddo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Sunroom World Reply with quote

Hi alad, just saw your post. Thanks for your reply. I can email you all of the details in relation to the awful time I had dealing with Sunroom World from Arklow, if you like. They were such a bunch of cowboy builders as you would not believe. If nothing else I hope my posts here will also serve to warn other people as to the problems they would have dealing with Sunroom World
holly32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Saddo, sorry i mean eddo!! I think you and alad are the one person as you both write exactly the same text on this forum and other forums !!!
How many companys have you actually worked with and had work done by them!!! You and" alad " need to get a life! People like you make me sick ,just writing the same thing over and over again ,month after month, and i bet you didnt even confront any of these companys you supposedly had trouble with, instead you feel so brave and powerful behind a computer using different names . Give us a break , we want to discuss things that we are interested in and receive advice, on these discussion boards and forums not reading about your hate campaign.
jpkinsella

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!!!! YES!!!!! HOLLY, i see what you mean Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked haha, check out the forum cowboy builder, i think you will find that "eddo" and "alad" are also known as "ANTO77" as the text is identical but was written a year ago Laughing !!!! look at the top of this page, check the date its taken eddo and alad 2 years to relpy Laughing i totally agree with you holly, i am completey sick of reading these forums with idiots like this on them. i joined this site as me and my wife were doing alot of enquiring regarding getting a new extension, we have found the site very helpful but have noticed alot of this behavior going on with the same people. its sad really.
Mary Mooney

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Above posts about Sunroom World Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else, but its clear to me that jpkinsella (!!!) lol!!! (!!!) and Holly32 (!!!) are exactly the same guy. "Both" of them posted the same day, within hours of each other. Both mentioned wanting to talk about serious issues, but never do. In reality "they" are the builder Rolling Eyes that the other posters above are dissing. In fact, holly32 has only ever posted once before, and that was also to defend Sunroom World on another part of this website, when all of the other posters attacked that company for its lack of quality work. What a laugh! Instead of posting here, and trying to stop people talking about how bad Sunroom World really is why don't you do a better job for your clients in future “Holly32”!
eddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Eden Sunrooms Sunroom Wolrd Reply with quote

Hi Holly 32. Why did you guys change the name of your company from Eden Sunrooms to Sunroom world? Come on, give us an answer? You want us to only talk about serious issues here, surely that is a serious issue Holly 32. Why the name change? Come on, I think you know.
holly32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saddo/mooney alad/(and any other name you have used!!) Just because someone had a great job done by the said company it doesn't mean they are part of that company!!! I did comment in the other forum because they did do a brilliant job and may i remind you that there was a few other legitimate people commenting how good they were. The ones that were doing all the complaining was you, using all your different names and copying the same text. If you are trying to deceive us all at least have the cop on to write something different!!!! You really are a sad bastard, with no life except playing your little game . I bet you are the local freak ,and a real wimp living on your own and these forums give you some self importance. What a LOSER!!!!!!!!!!
And to be serious as you put it, Sunroom World did do a fantastic job and i would recommend them and i wouldn't listen to the likes of Mr or Mrs Saddo(who will now probabley change his or her name again and go to a differant forum).
Anto77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: The sunroom world discussion Reply with quote

Ive no idea what’s wrong with this Holly 32 fella, but it looks to me like he has some serious anger issues to deal with.
The other people on this forum are right – eden sunrooms or sunroom World as they call themselves now, following the stink they left with so many angry clients, are nothing but a bunch of cowboy builders. I worked with them at one stage – never again! Good on you MM for starting up this conversation. The public should know about these kind of builders, giving the rest of us in the trade a bad name, especially at a time like this.
holly32

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered when the freak would be back with his next name!!!!!!!!! By the way you F...ing idiot i happen to be a women (maybe the name Holly threw you!!!) You are not very good at this are you saddo , i thought it was saddo eddo who worked for them, now you have worked for them. I will say it again you are a SAD F...ING FREAKY BASTARD , GET A LIFE .
Do you stalk people aswell as being a complete freak? I have a life so i will not be replying to the likes of you again ,but all i will say is ,if anyone reads these comments from saddo eddo anto alad etc they can plainly see its one person who is a complete waste of time and space and is obviously a F...ING MENTAL CASE!!!!!!!!
Mary Mooney

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Sunroom World Reply with quote

Hi Anto77 thanks for your input. It’s good to get feedback from someone who worked for Eden Sunrooms Sunroom World as well. How many people have they affected? It seems to be a lot. It’s a pity more from the industry don’t post here about their bad experiences, but I guess that is to be expected. It good for all of us to to get the warnings out there, so the rest of the public can be aware of what kind of company Eden Sunrooms Sunroom World is. Yes Ant077 Cowboy builders is the best term for them.
Coggy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Conservatories Reply with quote

There is an industry web-page: http://www.conservatoryireland.com/

I bought my first and only conservatory from a company in the midlands. Their local rep was Australian. He made off home with about a dozen deposits and they had to honour the contracts. Ouch!

Words of advice; DON'T buy a conservatory.
They're all glass remember, so they're absolutely roasting in the summer and attract flies and moths by the dozen. Your candles melt and your furnishings get bleached by the sun. you can watch TV or use a laptop because of the skys glare. Birds crap on the glass roof, moss grows on it too, so you're constantly gleaning it. Ceiling and window blinds cost thousands more.
In the winter they're bloody freezing, even with Pilkington-K glass and a good radiator. So they look good, but they're not practical.
Get a sunroom instead with a solid, well insulated roof. Add a Velux or two because they still get hot, but not half as bad as a conservatory. also, get a good long radiator to run under the windows, it'll make the difference if you want to use it year-round. Ask them to insulate inside the posts between the window panes as well.
My advise is to get a local builder to do the walls / roof. A local glass company will sort the glass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Garden & Outdoors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: