HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Washing Machine 2yrs old not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Washing Machine 2yrs old not working Reply with quote

My washing machine (Baumatic) is only 2 yrs old and the tub will not turn, the water is getting into the machine but then nothing happens. Should I get it fixed or just buy a new one. It was quite expensive and I would have thought it would last more than 2 yrs! Any comments?
con

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would try for a repair. you may get it fixed for the price of callout plus cost of taking half day off work to let in repair man ... should be still under guarantee
Karl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: washing machine repair Reply with quote

should be a straightforward repair. hold onto it for another while.
marketvgk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like all other electronic or integrated device a washing machine has a life term.There is a depreciation in its efficiency as soon as it is manufactured.In modern times the cost of all electronic goods have reduced or there has been excessive promotions for sale like buy one and get one free.The reason poor raw materials and electrical system during manufacturing.There is no point re-modifying it for it is assured that you would face the same problem again within an year.It is advisable that you opt
for a new machine that has a minimum of 3 years warranty period so that if you face a problem the company fixes it there and then.Proper servicing is also needed in return of which you would be asked to pay a nominal fee which is much less compared to the cost of a brand new machine.

regards
vgklighting services
www.vgklighting.com
mcarr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our machine went faulty recenently and a local electricain had a quick look at it. From the manufactures code he told it was about two years old and was still under warranty. So check out the code and ring the manufacturer, it may cost just labour only then. worth the effort.
expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people seem to think that to get 2,3 or 4 years from an appliance is OK. It's not! If everybody insists on buying the cheapest thing they can find everytime, then that is all you will get! A washing machine not turning or spinning may only be brushes or belt and should be looked at! Any decent machine will give you 8 to 10 years and a good one will give you 10 to 15 years use. I repair Domestic Appliances and 60% of the machines I work on are over 5 years old. There is a very definite age/fault/ to quality/cost ratio. The better quality machines last longer, do the job better and need less repairs! Fact! A cheap machine costing, say, €299.00 might last 6 years and need to be repaired twice outside warranty at an average cost of €90.00 per repair. Total €479.00 divided by 6 years gives a cost of €80.00 per year opf use. However a good quality machine costing €599 could easily give 13 years and need only 2 repairs in that time giving a cost of €60 per year. When you then consider the lower electricity costs of the more economical machine AND the fact that your clothes will last longer washed in the more controlled environment of the better quality machine AND the lower drying costs due to being spun in a (usually) faster drum. It all adds up! OR Doesn't depending how you look at it!
turf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: repaired Reply with quote

Hello,
I've lived here for 2 years in Co. Clare.
I've repaired a few of my neighbors washing machine. The washing machines are cheaply built, all plastic. Through my repair the washing machines are still running a few weeks and today still walk.
My neighbors were glad that they had not just buy a new one. They had time to find a good offer.
I have also repaired a lot of other devices such as mixers, kitchen clocks, heating elements, electrical Heitzer, toys, etc.

I think when all is not always equal the initial purchase as good for the environment and not so good for the Irish economy. Most of what is purchased new, comes from abroad and put Irish Euros from Ireland.

It is better if there are people who can fix it and earn some money.

Excuse the bad translation, I am still learning English.

Greetings turf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: