HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Pellet Boiler: Continually burning and not reaching MAX temp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ollielaroo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Pellet Boiler: Continually burning and not reaching MAX temp Reply with quote

Can anyone help here please?

We've had this OPOP pellet boiler for at least 6 years and it's always been running very well. But the last few weeks it seems to be behaving differently and I don't know why.

Two storey house 192sq meters.
UFH and rads upstairs.
OPOP H430 30kw with Woody/Bio-comfort control panel.
Thermostat at top of buffer tank is set at 60 degrees.
Thermostat at bottom of buffer tank is set at 70 degrees.

The pellet boiler used to always ignite automatically when the water in the buffer tank would drop to a certain temperature. It would burn for a couple of hours (or for however long it took to heat the water in the buffer tank) at 100% Power. Then it would stop and not come on again for hours or a day or until the next time the water in the buffer tank needed heating up again.

Now it seems the boiler is heating to about 72 degrees and the Power % is dropping down gradually. It's as if the boiler won't continue to burn on full Power 100% and bring the temperature up to nearly 80 degrees like it used to. The auger is dribbling in small amounts of pellets at intervals just as it used to before, but I can't understand why it won't just bring the temperature up to 80 degrees and stop burning.

Other things I notice:
The pressure gauge on from of the boiler stays up at 3 bar.
The pump between the buffer tank and the pellet boiler also seems to be constantly running not sure if that was always the way.

The only circumstances that have changed recently..... I had to turn the speed of the pump for the rads in the house down from 3 to 1 to try reduce the hissing sound from the rads. We had power cuts from recent storms, but never caused issues before.

I've been trying to understand the settings available on the control panel.
Here is the user manual http://www.kbf.ie/pdfs/nbe_scottemanual_v02.pdf.
I can access the User Setup and the Advanced Settings, if I try to change any setting it seems to revert back to what it was before!

If anyone knows what's going on here can they offer some advice?

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: