HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Airtricty Vs ESB?? Anybody have info on Airticity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenman408

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Airtricty Vs ESB?? Anybody have info on Airticity Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm thinking of change to Airticity and am checking them out. Has anybody any user experience of their service or know somebody who has? Just wondering what they are like compared to ESB for

Cost
Service
Response in the event of a loss of service
Reliablity
Billing / Customer Service
Any other issues.

I've read about them but I'd prefer to hear it straight from somebody who has dealt with them. Any help at all, no matter what it's about, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a million.

Cheers
Ronan
JohnDawson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had Airtricity for a while now; no issues and the price is same (I think); ESB continues to be responsible for distribution so outages etc. would not be Airtricity's responsibility anyway. It's more an ideological thing. I was under the impression that Airtricity weren't accepting any new domestic business ...?
Greenman408

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying John.

I'll probably go with Airtricity whenever they accept the business but it'll have to wait as I'm in the process of selling the house.

Cheers,
Ronan
shonie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys to sound silly here but what's Airtricity? Is it another company instead of ESB? I'm currently building a house in Galwya but I haven't been living in Ireland for 7 years so this is new to me?
Greenman408

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airtricity are an Irish-based renewable energy electricity company. There are a few around as alternatives to ESB. This is the site addess http://www.airtricity.com/ireland/

I plan to use some sort of renewable energy electric supplier whenever I get around to building this house. Seemingly they are the same price as ESB but it's mainly wind energy that generates their electricity. They have fairly ambitious plans to create a European-wide renewable electricity grid.

Number :
Sales: 1850 40 40 80
Customer Service: 1850 40 40 70

Cheers,
Ronan
mullins_jim@emc.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that Airtricity only supplied commercial customers and not domestic?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: