HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
shower doors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolkarin1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: shower doors Reply with quote

anyone any idea to clean the outside of a shower door. i think i've tried every product on the market and still cannot find something thats work well. thanks
normanburns

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have personally found that spraying the shower after every use with a shower cleaner and then a couple of times a week using a stronger detergent i.e. cillit bang or similar. this has our shower door sparkling anyway!
shoppergal79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great tip for cleaning shower doors is lemon juice.
Especially if you have left them for a while and they
have got grubby. Spray the doors with lemon juice and leave for 20 minutes and wipe away. Sparkles everytime!!
creatingyourdream

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cillit Bang is very harsh, but does seem to do the trick, especially if most of the dirt is actually dried lime scale.

I personally had a nasty experience with shower cleaners: I got into the habit of spraying the inside doors after every use while I was still inside. Worked fine, that way I didn't have to scrub or dry the off, until I got an all-over rash. Course the fumes would get onto me as well, and it got fairly bad, with itchy weals all over! So don't do that Smile

The best way to keep your shower clean is to buy cheap shampoo, and rub the shower (works also great with the dirt ring in the tub) with a cloth after every shower - using shampoo, you can do it safely while you're still inside and it only takes a few seconds! Shampoo is formulated to dissolve (body) grease so works brilliantly in the bathroom!

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Cleaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: