HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
shower drain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: shower drain Reply with quote

can anyone help me. my shower drain is very slow to let the water out which means i can only get a couple of mins in the shower before i'm standing in a couple of inches of water. does anyone have any suggestions for a product i could pour down the drain to clear the blockage? Razz
Julia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: unblocking shower Reply with quote

the best longer term solution is to prise up the outlet and clear the little trap beneath as most likely there is something blocking the area that would be better completely cleaned out than partly dissolved using a liquid solution. use a screw drive or something to lift out the grate (water outlet).
There is a super plunger available through woodies and some of the bigger stores that also might work and there are various liquids you can purchase, some better than others. Ultimately though if you can get in and physically unblock it it will be best in the longer term.
normanburns

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also had a problem similar to yours. Fixed it by changing cleaning products. Have used Cillit Bang in the past few months and have found the shower does not block up as much. hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Cleaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: