HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
The Roadstone Book of House Design

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> DIY & Home Improvements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madonn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: The Roadstone Book of House Design Reply with quote

Hi! Does anyone have "The Roadstone Book of House Design"? (1970's) Did anyone build any home from it? How is it to live in? They were architect-designed homes of quality for an eco/enviro/fuel-conscious era, an alternative to the "Bungalow Bliss" syndrome. I think the concept should be revived and updated if necessary for this century.
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Designmy a**e Reply with quote

I lived in one-may years back in Galway. Lets just say my lungs have neverrecovered. It was a god awful damp place - poor ventilation and a roof that had a tendency to lift offduring a gale..

I never knew there was a book of designs though....I though the guy that owned it was always joking that it was a Roadstone house. If u ever get the book scan in the house list......please Wink
archiseek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am published the renderings and plans one by one at the moment
http://archiseek.com/tag/the-roadstone-book-of-house-designs/

Just over half the book done, other half coming soon.

Some interesting designs, some just architect-designed slightly better versions of Bungalow Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> DIY & Home Improvements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: