HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Installing the fully enclosed shower cabin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Installing the fully enclosed shower cabin Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Myself and my partner bought a fully enclosed shower cabin (with jets, radio etc) from the H**** of V****. At the time of purchase we asked three times if these type of cabin requires tiling in the bathroom and we were ensured that it doesn't and that the cabin is fully waterproofed once its properly installed. Refurbishing the bathroom we did not put any tiles on the walls and we put the laminated floor for the bathrooms. We received the cabin at the beginning of May this year and organised the assembling of the cabin with the installer from Vogue bathrooms that was recommended by the store. He assembled the cabin, but the cabin was leaking and he was coming three times to our house trying to sort that leak. Hence he was unable to come for the forth time he sent somebody else to do it. After all these unsuccessful attempts to assemble the cabin, the delivery of the new doors was organised. It was agreed that somebody else would come to our house and assemble the new doors. Two guys came to our house with the new doors and told us that we have to pay them to assemble the doors. Hence we didn't agree with that and the previous installer didn't answer his phone when they rang him, the guys left our house leaving the doors. They were suppose to come back next they to do the work after talking to installer. Nobody came. We went on our three week holidays and since we came back nobody tried to contact us about it .
We decided to reassemble the cabin ourselves but we are afraid that it will leak even after that. Hence we don't want to tile the bathroom we are looking for something to put behind and below the shower cabin so if it leaks at least the water will come in front and we will see it. I forgot to mention at the beginning that the reason for refurbishment was the leak of the previous shower that was not obvious so we had to remove old tiles, replace the floor boards and even some stud partitions. Anybody with any suggestion?
Julia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: leaking shower Reply with quote

As you probably know these showers shouldnt leak, your supplier should be more response, they should replace it.

Buy builders film from any good building providers and it will make water run to front. be sure to get a large sheet that will sufficiently cover the whole area with no joinings.
mad_fluffy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re shower Reply with quote

Hi
listen i purshased a simular unit from uk last June and im still having bother with it.
Finally after a lot of time wasting from supplier im getting my money back. Im still no better off though as ive still no shower.
Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: