HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
fungal growth and health hazards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Extending, Renovating & Restoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: fungal growth and health hazards Reply with quote

hi all.. i am renovating cottage c. 200 yrs old and am having probs w damp/fungal growth, not surprising as sea sand was most likely used in its contsruction.. i took off all damp areas or worst affected wall, dried it out, sealed it, plastered with bonding, resealed again and put a few coats of paint on it.. things were looking good until i came back from 3 weeks holidays. the wall is now discoloured and fungal growths are starting to appear.. this is coupled with other damp probs in other areas of the house, ie leather shoes and belts covered in fungus... windows would have been opened at intervals while i was away too.

a major job is obviously due on the house and i was attempting a patch up job for the moment, but i am now concerned for my health if i am to live there for the foreseeable future... how harmful, does anybody know, is this fungus to my lungs!!! also, is it likey to get worse as i start lighting fires in the winter? and, can anybody recommend a professional to have a look at the house for me - kerry area

many thanks

Lucius
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Extending, Renovating & Restoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: