HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Hard Water Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcgovernm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Hard Water Area Reply with quote

I live in a very 'hard water' area, can anyone advise how I can protect my shower / washing machine etc against the build up of limescale etc?. I am having a shower installed and contacted a local electrician in the area who said he wouldn't touch it due to the fact that its a very hard water area and within a year the shower has a build up and very hard to repair regardless if its a cheap/expensive one.

Please advise

sledgehammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Water Sotener Reply with quote

I am not sure about the electricians concern as electric showers will tend to last longer than he suggests. Either way you have a few options. One might be to get a water softener (ion exchange) installed on you mains system. A compnay like Spring Soft will sort you out here and is good value long term.
Spring Soft Systems Ltd.
Tullamore Road,
Kilbeggan,
www.springsoft.ie
They can advise on which consumers you could feed with softened water i..e drinking, washing machine, shower.
Another option is to install an in-line softener just for the shower. I have only ever seen one of these but a company liek Baristan showers can supply as part of the shower. I think you can buy these on-line at Bariston.
Good luck with it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: