HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Eucalyptus trees ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brook

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Eucalyptus trees ??? Reply with quote

Does anybody know anything about Eucalyptus trees ?
I'm looking for something for the back wall of a new house so we're not so over looked and someone has suggested Eucalyptus trees. The guy said they dont grow to high or to fast after a certain height but i want to be sure before i plant them. Smile
Brook X
homebuilder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Eucalyptus trees ??? Reply with quote

I have a eucalyptus tree in my lawn, its a quite a big lawn in the country and i wouldnt recommend this tree as they grow very very tall and quickly!! We have just recently got someone with a chainsaw to half its size and its still huge!! i have heard that there are not good in a small garden as their roots are quite invasive and take all the moisture out of a garden if you have a small garden i would stay well clear.
Chuckie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know they do get quite big.

Best advice talk to local garden centre
sorbus

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: eucalypts Reply with quote

A tree of many varities which grow pretty damn well in our climate. Go to a garden centre and they'll tell ye to buy whatever they can sell ye. Fact.

You want a quick growing hedge for a house in a pretty residential area then. Do you want a headache in the future?!
Consider your space, consider the surrounding houses, consider the amount of trees in the smaller area, consider the other species growing nearby, consider asking your local arborist. If there is one !!

I'd say fire in a wean of leylandii's. They'll grow like the clappers out a hell, but if you keep in touch with them there be the remedy you were looking for.

remember..........keep in by the wall. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Garden & Outdoors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: