HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Geothermal Heating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roscommon

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Geothermal Heating Reply with quote

Hi

Anyone have the Geothermal Heating system installed?? Any comments welcome!!!!!!

Thanks
Martina
Julia

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: geothermal heating info Reply with quote

check out this site - there is some good info there
http://www.constructireland.ie/articles/0206geo.php

It also lists Suppliers and Installers Of Heat Pumps In Ireland:
cathm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like "Roscommon" would like to hear from people who have installed geothermal heating and have it up and running. What is it like when it is up an running? And, do you feel that it has been worth the installation costs? Any advice/tips/recommendations would be very welcome.
naucas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too - we are building a 2000 sq ft house and cannot decide on what heating to go with - husband is totally against oil!!
is geothermal as good as people say it is!!
beautyshela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friend has geo thermal up and running and is very happy with it. they said elec bill not too bad but would like to ask again in march after winter....
it has a 5 kw pump (as far as i am concerned a pump that size has to eat electricty) the house feels pleasent... def not as warm as rads but dont no what settings underfloor was on at the time
creatingyourdream

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was advised against geothermal heating simply because at our site in North Kerry, the only option is to coil the heating coils under the garden rather than sink them down. This means that I would have to be very careful in future with putting up things like swings for the kids or rotary drier in case I might damage the coil under the lawn. Also, the pump is powered with electricity (therefore eating up fossil fuel).

We have now decided to use a heat-exchange system in the house whereby 1) stale air is drawn out of the house and the heat re-used to heat the new incoming air, and 2) heat is extracted from the environment. This system will heat the whole house using underfloor heating throughout (no rads) and according to our German architect, it will even heat bathwater. I'm not 100% sure about that and we've decided to supplement the system with a pellet-stove feeding into the central heating, so if it should get bittercold outside, the stove will be lovely in the livingroom while heating my bathwater! Best of both world, as far as I'm concerned Smile
shonie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marion, was this an expensive system to install initially?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: