HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
City Garden

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: City Garden Reply with quote

Help Idea needed. The missus has given me an ultimatum - finish the garden or move into the spare room! Its actually a small area 5m x 5m in the city (walled in). I need to build a few small walls for planting areas and lay cobble-lock. There is also a small area for decking. Where do I start? Does anyone know of good websites for this sort of thing - or palces in Dublin I can go and have a look.

tnx Embarassed
Avoca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you ever think of decking the whole of it?

We've a small back yard, think a little smaller than yours and it is fully decked and fantastic for barbecques and parties. We sourced decking in O'Kelly Saw Mills in Kilakee Rathfarnham and followed B and Q leaflet and the dads laid the deck. We also put a small shed out there too which is great for storage and putting the bins.

With regards to plants, they're all in pots, and hanging baskets, which works fine but need watering ++ in the summer.
Good luck with it.
creatingyourdream

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a very good book called "Really Small Gardens" by Jill Billington (available via amazon.co.uk or www.kennys.ie for EUR 14.97) which is "a practical guide to gardening in a truly small space". That should certainly start you off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Garden & Outdoors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: