HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Roof Cleaning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline@eirinnmckiernan.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Roof Cleaning Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a good way to clean off a roof that has moss. Is there any special product I can get that can be sprayed on so that the moss just lifts or is the hard way i.e a good brush the only way to get rid of it. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
sledgehammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: That damn old moss Reply with quote

Hi...

Don't powerwash!

Not sure what type of roof slate/tile/shingle you have but you are probably best spryaing on a product specifically for moss. Talk to the lads at ptarmigan.ie. They have a sea-to-sky product 601 that might be ideal but maybe a bit pricey for your application?

I came across a Renotex product once that was used to protect a roof against fungal growth - not sure if they have one for removing moss? There is definitley a supplier in Dublin for this product. Try them at renotex.co.uk. They will probably be cheaper than these-to-sky solution.

Putting it on - any roofer should be able to do this,or anyone who isn't scared of heights!!
beautyshela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

def do not powerwash. powerwashing is abrasive and opens up the pores on slate, tile, stone etc leading to a much bigger moss problem in a short time

a product called masionary wash. spray it on and it kills all things green over the next couple of weeks the dead moss etc flakes off with weathering
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Cleaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: