HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
solicitors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Estate Agents, Mortgages & Financial Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: solicitors Reply with quote

how much should i expect to pay for a solicitor to carry out my house purchase? have been quoted prices like 600euro plus vat plus outlay? what is outlay and how much is it likely to be? will be a straightforward purchase. thanks
angeleyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kd,

its usually 1% of the purchase price of the property. I am assuming its a second hand property.

Outlay would be fees i.e. Land Registry fees - to lodge your application as owner. Also other outlay would be Commissioner for Oaths fees. These can vary depending on the transaction.

If you are obtaining a mortgage the Solicitor would organise the drawdown of your loan cheque when the sale is due to close.

You will also be charge for postage and other incidentials.

Shop around and ask for quotes and ask the legal firm to jot down everything for you as they have a nasty habit of slipping in things after the sale is closed.

I used to work for them myself.

I think but I am not sure that Homelawdirect offer a fixed fee which covers everything but I am open to correction on that one.

Good luck with the house purchase!

angel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Estate Agents, Mortgages & Financial Services All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: