HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
New Conservatory and draughts coming from somewhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Extending, Renovating & Restoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbeadle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: New Conservatory and draughts coming from somewhere Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me is it normal to feel draughts or a feeling of draughts from a new conservatory....built 5 months ago.... it just feels like there is a breeze coming into our new conservatory from somewhere and we are wondering if the roof panels should have been sealed in some way? The windows are PVC double glazed but when you are sitting i the room in the evening we can feel a draught from somewhere. Has anyone any advice?[/b]
rb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: draughts Reply with quote

Im afraid, if there are no leakages e.g. where water is coming in, it would suggest that there is no opening for air to come in e.g. as in it is not a problem of it not being properly sealed. I would think it is probably a case of the glass/perspex or whatever material you use is not a great insulator e.g. that you are losing heat through it and the cold is coming in through it. A conservatory is a cold area unless very well insulation e.g. highly insulated materials used or unless you put in heating / or use a combination of both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Extending, Renovating & Restoring All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: