Ireland's first online home improvements directory
gardens

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerryhall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: gardens Reply with quote

hi i need to find a garden designer in cork as my garden is a shambles
does anyone have any ideas
Julia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: our experience with local garden centre, cork Reply with quote

We dealt with Peter Dowdall in Dunsland Garden centre. If you want someone who will come in do a good job of the planting, I would recommend him. Where he fell down was on the construction side of things (patio and wall). He hired a guy into do this and there was a serious lack of communication between the 2 of them. We kept having to have the same conversation twice to make sure that the message was getting across. Initially he told us he would “project manage” the building work for us. That’s fine if you are willing to listen to your client and then pass the info onto the builder.

We are happy with the end result. The patio and wall look well (despite a few slight concerns along the way) and the planting looks great. We visited his garden centre and gave him a list of plants we liked. This gave him a good idea of what we liked and he picked plants from this list and added to it with stuff in a similar style.

Would I recommend him? Yes for the planting but maybe not for major landscaping work if you want to hand over the project and take a hands off approach to what’s being done.
rb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: garden landscapers Reply with quote

JJ at
http://www.homewise.ie/supplier/Cork/GNLandscapingService/32004/
in Charleville

or

Camellia Landscapes in Glanmire
at http://www.homewise.ie/supplier/Cork/CamelliaLandscapes/32035/
thehometeam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedge cutting and garden maintenance are extremely important when it comes to defining your exterior boundaries with your neighbours.

Hedge Cutting

The Home Team
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Garden & Outdoors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: