HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
transfering tv /sat/video signals without wires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ritchieleddy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: transfering tv /sat/video signals without wires Reply with quote

are video/tv/sat senders any good ie are they sussectable to interference and where can they be obtained Confused
aille2000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: TV signal transmitters Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought one from Maplin about a year ago and connected it from our satelite box to a TV card on our PC (upstairs office) which in turn is connected to a wireless home network so we can boost the transmission distance throughout the entire house (3,000 sq ft). Works fine. Some slight loss of quality in the picture, but quite watchable.

Just using the TV transmitter / receiver is also fine by the range is limited. The one I bought (TransW) is supposed to have a range of 100ft, but thats only if there is a clear line of sight to the receiver. In truth the range is only about 50ft if you have to send the signal through block walls.

My unit was reduced from €130 to €70 and is one of the better ones around I believe. Lidl also have other makes for as little as €30 from time to time and a colleague purchase one and uses it just fine to transmit TV signals from room to room.
foggers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Wireless AV Sender - RF Modulator - Sky Magic Eyes Reply with quote

you could try one of the following. There are a few options for you with this. If you need technical advice, contact the ower of the website.

RF Modulators

Wireless AV Sender

SKY Magic Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: