HomeWise.ie
Ireland's first online home improvements directory
Poor Hot Water Pressure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulg021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Poor Hot Water Pressure Reply with quote

Can you PLEASE PLEASE help me with my problem. About two months ago the thermostat broke on my hot water cylinder. Subsequently the water heated up to in excess of 100 degrees. The water became so hot that it even heated the cold water in the cisterns in the toilet. It eventually got so hot that it melted the plastic valves on one of the inlets to the toilet. As the immersion was on at night I did not realise this was happening until the valve melted on the toilet and the water was every where.
I immediately called a plumber and he drained the hot water cylinder that morning. Since draining the system the water pressure on the hot water has dropped considerably. It has dropped from about three and half bar to one and half. The pressure on the cold has not been affected.

My plumber indicated to me that when the water was heated to a such extreme cases that any limescale in the pipes would be releasd and when the tank emptied could possibly lodge like concrete in the pipes. I subsequently washed the hot pipes out with Fernox DS-3, this has unfortunatley not done any good.
I am wondering now would some part of a valve be be stuck in the pipework or would there be possibly a small stone stuck in the pipework as it is relatively new house, if this was the case howwould you remove it or clear the pipes as the majority are underground.
I have asked numerous plumbers for advice but to date nobody can help me. The builders plumber will not even return my phone calls.
Steve can you please help me as I am at the end of the line for advice and have accured a lot of expense seeking help from plumbers.

Thanking you in advance for any advice you might be able to pass on.
athygas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi paul,im a plumber and maybe i can help you,where do you live?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HomeWise.ie Forum Index -> Plumbing, Heating & Bathrooms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: